Things to Do at Pike Place Market
September 29, 2021
Pike Place Market is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Seattle. It opened in 1907 and is one of the oldest public farmer markets in the United States. It features many things to do and check out that you’ll never be bored! PRKSeattle has you covered with things to do and parking near Pike Place Market:
Things to Do
- Gum Wall – This is a brick wall covered in used chewing gum located in alleyway. Started in the 90’s, it has become a really popular tourist attraction. Tourists like to come here and take pictures of the gum wall and place their gum to the wall. Click here to learn more about the gum wall!
- Rachel the Pig – This is a bronze piggy bank that was implemented in 1986. It has raised money for many charities that support the local community. In addition, it has been a popular place for tourists to take pictures and check out. Click here to learn more about the Rachel the Pig.
- First Sur La Table – The first Sur La Table was located in the Pike Place Market in 1972. It was opened by Shirley Collins. The popular store sells cookware, bakeware, cutlery, small electrics, cooking tools, housewares, and more. Ever since the first store, it has expanded to over 180 locations in the United States. Click here to learn more about the First Sur La Table.
- Original Starbucks – The first Starbucks opened near Pike Place Market in 1972. This 1,000 SF location attracts thousands of visitors and locals each day. It offers fresh-roasted coffee beans, teas and spices from around the world for you to take home. This store would be the starting point of a major expansion throughout the world with over 30,000 current locations. Click here to learn more about the first Starbucks.
Parking Near Pike Place Market
- Target Garage – This garage is located at 1401 2nd Avenue, operated by SP+. They offer monthly and daily parking to the public. It is located 0.3 miles from Pike Place Market which is a 5 minute walk. Click here for more information regarding this garage.
- 3rd & Stewart (255 Stewart) – This garage is located at 1619 3rd Avenue, operated by LAZ. They offer monthly and daily parking to the public. It is located 0.2 miles from Pike Place Market which is a 5 minute walk. Click here for more information regarding this garage.
- Harbor Steps – This garage is located at 1221 1st Avenue, operated by LAZ. They offer monthly and daily parking to the public. It is located 0.3 miles from Pike Place Market which is a 6 minute walk. Click here for more information regarding this garage.
PRKSeattle not only provides a simple way to search but also select, and purchase your parking. Just enter an address in the search bar, search, input your payment information, and park! Not only does PRKSeattle offer parking near Pike Place Market, the platform also makes reserving simple! We don’t charge operators and parkers expensive commissions and fees, so they can pass along the savings to you – find the cheapest online rates every time.